Salem Lutheran School was established by Salem Lutheran Church in 1948 as a ministry of the congregation to the community. It is directed by a School Board selected from members of the congregation. The school is an active member of the Evangelical Lutheran Education Association. Salem Lutheran School has since expanded to include Junior Kindergarten through Sixth Grade classes. Salem Lutheran School has been, and continues to be, staffed by certified, Christian teachers and administrators.
Professional Affiliation With ELEA
The Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA) is a national organization consisting of regional networks governed by a Board of Directors. Its purpose is to promote and support quality, Christ- centered schools and early childhood programs of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). Membership provides opportunities for our teachers, administrators, pastors and school board members to learn and share information with each other through seminars, workshops and conventions. It also provides accreditation programs, regional conferencing, and services and advocacy for its members. For more information on the ELEA please visit www/eleanational.org.